Re: Installing PostgreSQL

От Bill Geddes
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
David Godin <godind@remove_this.voxco.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> This is the output of initdb after a clean install of all the 6.5.1-2 RPMs
> I downloaded from ftp.postgreSQL.org. To install them I did an "rpm -ivh post*".
.
.
.
> It's obvious i'm doing something wrong! Can someone help me?

> David Godin
> godind@REMOVE_THIS.voxco.com

I have installed postgres on a few Debian systems - and have been
able to test the postgresql database just fine right out of the
box.  Perhaps you could take the debian package, run it through
alien and install it instead of your rpm package.  Some extra work,
but...

--
Bill Geddes
  geddes@col.hp.com