Re: race condition when writing pg_control

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: race condition when writing pg_control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Thomas,

15.07.2024 06:44, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I'm going to upgrade this to a proposal:

> I wonder how often this happens in the wild.

Please look at a recent failure [1], produced by buildfarm animal
culicidae, which tests EXEC_BACKEND. I guess it's caused by the issue
discussed.

Maybe it would make sense to construct a reliable reproducer for the
issue (I could not find a ready-to-use recipe in this thread)...

What do you think?

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=culicidae&dt=2024-07-24%2004%3A08%3A23

Best regards,
Alexander