Re: CPU costs of random_zipfian in pgbench

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: CPU costs of random_zipfian in pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 3/23/19 7:45 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

>> The attached patch simplifies the code by erroring on cache overflow,
>> instead of the LRU replacement strategy and unhelpful final report.
>> The above lines are removed.

Eh? Do I understand correctly that pgbench might start failing after
some random amount of time, instead of reporting the overflow at the
end? I'm not sure that's really an improvement ...

Why is the cache fixed-size at all?

regards

Сообщение: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Сообщение: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take