Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.

От Andrey Lepikhov
Тема Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I want to suggest one more improvement. Currently the
is_async_capable_path() routine allow only ForeignPath nodes as async
capable path. But in some cases we can allow SubqueryScanPath as async
capable too.

For example:
SELECT * FROM ((SELECT * FROM foreign_1)
UNION ALL
(SELECT a FROM foreign_2)) AS b;

is async capable, but:

SELECT * FROM ((SELECT * FROM foreign_1 LIMIT 10)
UNION ALL
(SELECT a FROM foreign_2 LIMIT 10)) AS b;

doesn't async capable.

The patch in attachment tries to improve this situation.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Вложения