Re: Postgres Printed Manuals

От Stuart Cooper
Тема Re: Postgres Printed Manuals
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The Postgres docs are great.  Unfortunatelty, at 1600 pages, my printer is a
> little weary.  Are bound & printed editions available?  If not, has anyone
> had any good experience printing them via any of the online services? (The
> ones I contacted said it was too big for them to print...)

You're right, the page count is just unfeasible.
You could try mpage-ing it to 4 pages per sheet and print it out double-sided,
you would then have a smaller document that could be bound- the only problem
is the text would be so small to be virtually unreadable. I did this
with a Common
Lisp manual years ago and never refer to it for that reason.

A good compromise would be to invest in a PostgreSQL book
(best: PostgreSQL by Korry Douglas
also good: Practical PostgreSQL by Command Prompt,
PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts by Momjian)
and refer to the Postgres docs for the definitive reference.

Cheers,
Stuart.