Re: Solaris tar issues, or other reason why margay fails 010_pg_basebackup?

От Marcel Hofstetter
Тема Re: Solaris tar issues, or other reason why margay fails 010_pg_basebackup?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Is there a way to configure which tar to use?

gnu tar would be available.

-bash-5.1$ ls -l /usr/gnu/bin/tar
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1226248 Jul  1  2022 /usr/gnu/bin/tar

Which tar file is used?
I could try to untar manually to see what happens.

Best regards,
Marcel

Am 17.04.2024 um 06:21 schrieb Thomas Munro:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that margay (Solaris) has started running more of the tests
> lately, but is failing in pg_basebaseup/010_pg_basebackup.  It runs
> successfully on wrasse (in older branches, Solaris 11.3 is desupported
> in 17/master), and also on pollock (illumos, forked from common
> ancestor Solaris 10 while it was open source).
>
> Hmm, wrasse is using "/opt/csw/bin/gtar xf ..." and pollock is using
> "/usr/gnu/bin/tar xf ...", while margay is using "/usr/bin/tar xf
> ...".  The tar command is indicating success (it's run by
> system_or_bail and it's not bailing), but the replica doesn't want to
> come up:
>
> pg_ctl: directory

"/home/marcel/build-farm-15/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_basebackup/tmp_check/t_010_pg_basebackup_replica_data/pgdata"

От: wenhui qiu
Сообщение: Re: allow changing autovacuum_max_workers without restarting
От: torikoshia
Сообщение: Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)