Slow Query and Big File Size even after emptying

От Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos
Тема Slow Query and Big File Size even after emptying
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi All,

I checked the file size of my database and it's 115GB. I already figured out which tables suck up all the space and I decided to delete all the entries in them. But still after emptying (DELETE FROM <tablename>), the file size still hasn't changed. I already tried to VACUUM the table. Also, even if there are already 0 records within the table that I emptied, when I query to that table it's so slow and then it just gives a 0 results.

Is there anything that I missed out here? Like do I need to do some other cleanups within postgres(eg. cache, etc)?

TIA for your replies. It would be very much appreciated.

Ridvan

--
リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan.baluyos@qualservcentral.com

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?