Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-04-21 at 16:33 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> My opinion is that the switch to using ICU by default is ill-advised
> and should be reverted.

Most of the complaints seem to be complaints about v15 as well, and
while those complaints may be a reason to not make ICU the default,
they are also an argument that we should continue to learn and try to
fix those issues because they exist in an already-released version.
Leaving it the default for now will help us fix those issues rather
than hide them.

It's still early, so we have plenty of time to revert the initdb
default if we need to.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis