Hardware Requirements

От Vivekanand Joshi
Тема Hardware Requirements
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi Team,

We are thinking of shifting our data warehouse solution from Netezza to PostgreSQL. I am reading a lot about PostgreSQL lately.

Can you please let us know the minimum[overall performance should be good] hardware requirements for the below mentioned statistics. My question is actually divided into two parts.

1.       What hardware entities[RAM, Storage, Disk, RAID level etc. ] should we keep in mind while finalizing the requirement? Sorry for my ignorance here as I am totally new to this territory.

2.       What should be the plan of action for performance benchmarking?

3.       What should be the minimum hardware requirements for doing a POC and comparing performance benchmark with Netezza?

Parameter

Numbers on 7th Dec 2014

Total number of Users

222

Total number of Application Users

110

Individual Accounts

112

Total number of Successful Queries on 7 December

425124

Total number of Unsuccessful Queries

2591

Maximum number of Queries in an Hour

79920

Maximum number of Queries in a minute when load was maximum in an hour

3143

Maximum number of Queries in a second when load was maximum in an hour

87

Number of Databases

82

Used Space

~1057 GB

Allocated Space

~4453 GB

What I actually want to achieve is right now is that running the same load on Netezza and PostgreSQL [300 GB data, 20 concurrent queries, and 30k-40K queries in an hour].

I have asked for the following configuration right now.

Operating System (Linux 64 bit)

RAM : 8 GB

Storage: 500 GB

CPU Cores: Minimum 4

RAID: Level 10

Disk Type: SATA

These figures are for POC only.

Does that sound okay? Once again, my trivial questions could be irritating but this is only a start.

Warm Regards,

Vivekanand Joshi
+919654227927

Zeta Interactive