Re: Replication Syatem

От Gauri Kanekar
Тема Re: Replication Syatem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thats how our updates works.
We usually tend to touch the same row many times a day.

~ Gauri

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Gauri Kanekar
<meetgaurikanekar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Found that the size increased gradually. Is HOT working over here ??
> Guide me if im doing something wrong.

You have chosen a bad case for HOT. Since you are repeatedly updating
the same set of rows, the dead space created in the first step is the
blocks which are not touched in the subsequent updates. Is this a real
scenario or are you just testing ? If its just for testing, I would
suggest updating different sets of rows in each step and then check.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee