Re: Replication Syatem

От Gauri Kanekar
Тема Re: Replication Syatem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
But unless we do full vacuum the space is not recovered. Thats y we prefer full vacuum.

~ Gauri

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Gauri Kanekar wrote:

Basically we have some background process which updates "table1" and we
don't want the application to make any changes to "table1" while vacuum.
Vacuum requires exclusive lock on "table1" and if any of the background or
application is ON vacuum don't kick off.

VACUUM FULL needs an exclusive lock, the regular one does not in 8.1. It's one of the reasons FULL should be avoided.  If you do regular VACUUM frequently enough, you shouldn't ever need to do a FULL one anyway.

Regards
Gauri