Re: Not Picking Index

От Gauri Kanekar
Тема Re: Not Picking Index
Дата
Re: Not Picking Index  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Not Picking Index  (Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info>)
Список pgsql-performance

I want the planner to ignore a specific index.
I am testing some query output. For that purpose i dont want the index.
I that possible to ignore a index by the planner.

On 2/16/07, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 06:26:51PM +0530, Gauri Kanekar wrote:
> I want to run a Select Query on a table. But i dont want the query to pick a
> index defined on that table.
>
> So can i instruct the planner not to pick that index.

Why don't you want the planner to use the index?  Is there a specific
index you want to ignore or do you want the planner to ignore all
indexes?  What problem are you trying to solve?

--
Michael Fuhr

--
Regards