Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Moreno Andreo wrote:

> So if it's the case (hardware error), recalling a new backup should
> reproduce the error, right?

If the error happened when writing the file, I wouldn't expect
any other backup having the same error (assuming an error in
the bit-flip category).

And if it was a transient read error, a second run of the import
could even work. I don't quite see from your posts whether that
particular file to import was tried and failed only once or retried
and failed again.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité