Re: pg locking problem

От czl@iname.com (charles)
Тема Re: pg locking problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

Thanks for all your comments. After looking more at the problem and
reading your mail I suspect that it may be somewhere at the boundary
between cyg-ipc and postgres. Firstly, as you point out, pg is too
heavily used on UNIX, hence a bug like that couldn't have gone
unnoticed. Secondly, nothing in the testing done so far contradicts
that hypothesis.

Unfortunately, end of the year is near so I can't put much more into
this pg bug - hopefully for the time being. And testing it on UNIX is
beyond my time, money and logistics budget on this one, unfortunately.

with many thanks and hope to revisit it soon (got some promising
numbers on single user test)
                    charles