odd insert problem, textarea \n replaced with
gives ^M !

От Andrew Sykes
Тема odd insert problem, textarea \n replaced with
gives ^M !
Дата
gives
 (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hey there,

I'm having a few issues with JDBC; i'm using the JDBC2 driver with
Postgresql 7.3 on Gentoo.

I've got a textarea in a JSP page, and I'm replacing the newline
characters in the box with <br> using a regular expression. When I
output the result of this to the page as a test, everything looks fine
(i.e. <br>'s in the page source).

I pass this String to a method of a bean that does the inserting into
the DB, and it appears to work fine; but when I use pgsql to check, I
see that the <br> bit of the string has been replaced by a number of
highlighted ^M characters.

The database encoding is SQL_ASCII.

Any idea what's going on?