Re: Debugger

От Pedro Belmino
Тема Re: Debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am using linux.
1. Inicializei the postgres the console by running. / Postgres.
2. Joined in psql through console and simulated. / Psql
3. Pg_backend_pid swirled SELECT () to get the id of the process;
4. In ide tried to use that process to attach the debugger but gives the following error message:
Unable to open file socket: target process not responding HotSpot VM or not loaded

Thank,
2007/10/19, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>:

"Pedro Belmino" <pedrobelmino@gmail.com> writes:

> Hellow,
> I continue to have problems using the debugger, can not achieve any
> breakpoint that is outside the postmaster.c? Can anyone give me any hint?
> Where do I mark a breakpoint so that I can follow the creation of an index
> to file index.c for example?

You have to start up your psql or other client run "SELECT pg_backend_pid();"
and attach to that process in the debugger. It sounds like you've connected to
the postmaster which doesn't actually do any of the work, it just forks other
backends.

--
  Gregory Stark
  EnterpriseDB           http://www.enterprisedb.com