Re: When IMMUTABLE is not.

От chap@anastigmatix.net
Тема Re: When IMMUTABLE is not.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-06-15 10:19, David G. Johnston wrote:
> The failure to find and execute the function code itself is not a
> failure
> mode that these markers need be concerned with.  Assuming one can
> execute
> the function an immutable function will give the same answer for the
> same
> input for all time.

That was the view I ultimately took, and just made PL/Java suppress that
SPI readonly flag when going to look for the function code.

Until that change, you could run into the not-uncommon situation
where you've just loaded a jar of new functions and try to use them
in the same transaction, and hey presto, the VOLATILE ones all work,
and the IMMUTABLE ones aren't there yet.

Regards,
-Chap