Re: SSD gives disappointing speed up on OSX

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: SSD gives disappointing speed up on OSX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have a program that inserts 50M records of about 30 bytes each [..]

> Now I suspect the limit is OSX throttling per-process CPU.
> Does this sound right?

Mmm... I don't think so.

How do you perform the inserts?

- Single inserts per transaction?
- Bundled inserts in transactions (with or without prepared statements?)
- COPY?

Also,
have you tried doing the inserts without the indexes and create the indexes afterwards?

And finally you might want to try synchronous_commit = off
( http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-SYNCHRONOUS-COMMIT )
.

Bye,
Chris.