Re: Allow cluster owner to bypass authentication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Allow cluster owner to bypass authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-12-18 15:09, Robert Haas wrote:
> I feel like this is taking a policy decision that properly belongs in
> pg_hba.conf and making it into a GUC. If you're introducing a GUC
> because it's not possible to configure the behavior that you want in
> pg_hba.conf, then I think the solution to that is to enhance
> pg_hba.conf so that it can support the behavior you want to configure.

Yeah, I was not really happy with that either.  So I tried a new
approach:  Introduce a new pg_hba.conf line type "localowner" that
matches on Unix-domain socket connections if the user at the client end
matches the owner of the postgres process.  Then the behavior I'm after
can be expressed with a pg_hba.conf entry like

localowner  all  all  trust

or similar, as one chooses.

Вложения