Re: PostgreSQL scaleability question

От Lonni J Friedman
Тема Re: PostgreSQL scaleability question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:51:00 -0800, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been using PostgreSQL for my project repository, because it is free
> and easy to use.  My manager is trying to decide if he should use a
> commercial database such as Oracle or PostgreSQL for a giant information
> repository for the corporate.  He asked me what is the scaleability on
> PostgreSQL.  I don't have the answer.  So far, I have been very pleased with
> PostgreSQL, but I'm only using it for my project.
>
> Does anyone have any information on this?  Has anyone done any comparisons?

We'd kinda need to know exactly how you plan to use it before anyone
could comment on how postgresql would scale.  What kind of usage
patterns do you anticipate?

L. Friedman                                    netllama@gmail.com
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL scaleability question