Re: Request for Materialized Views

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Request for Materialized Views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan,

>  we arrived at the conclusion that we really need "Materialized Views"
>  for our further business.

just some information

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Updatable_views

are on the wishlist for PostgreSQL 8.4; and (Bernd) is the one coordinating it:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo:WishlistFor84

As the whole VIEW system has to be touched for this AND for
materialized views, maybe it is a good idea to contact him?

also:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

MATERIALIZED VIEWS have been on the TODO list for quite some time ...

>  someone from the community for the feature to be implemented for
>  Postgres instead of doing it ourselves.

I think after asking here on PostgreSQL-General, your next step may be
to propose sth along the lines: "would like sponsor sb to build
MATERIALIZED VIEWS into PostgreSQL"

on pgsql-hackers:
"The PostgreSQL developers team lives here. Discussion of current
development issues, problems and bugs, and proposed new features. If
your question cannot be answered by people in the other lists, and it
is likely that only a developer will know the answer, you may re-post
your question in this list. You must try elsewhere first!"

best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa