Re: BUG #2731: Cannot install PostgreSQL server on WinXP Media Center Edition

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: BUG #2731: Cannot install PostgreSQL server on WinXP Media Center Edition
Дата
Re: BUG #2731: Cannot install PostgreSQL server on WinXP Media Center Edition
Список pgsql-bugs
Leonid,

It is strange but after I gave postmaster.exe process access to the Internet
> (changed my personal firewall settings), PostgreSQL service starts OK. Why
> does postmaster.exe need access to the Internet?
>
> PostgreSQL / postmaster.exe do not need to connect to the Internet. But
communication is done via TCP/IP; and PostgreSQL needs to open Port 5432
(standard) and listen for requests. So when your firewall forbids PostgreSQL
to listen on Port 5433 for incoming requests, it may commit suicide, because
it cannot do any usefull work anymore.

Best wishes,

Harald

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstra=DFe 202b
70197 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
-
Python: the only language with more web frameworks than keywords.

От: "Harald Armin Massa"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2731: Cannot install PostgreSQL server on WinXP Media Center Edition
От: "Harald Armin Massa"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2731: Cannot install PostgreSQL server on WinXP Media Center Edition