Re: Upgrade 7.4 to 8.1 or 8.2?

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Upgrade 7.4 to 8.1 or 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John,

No I cannot risk live data...

please read closely: Ron wrot "Can you risk your app on beta software?" ..
There is allways a risk included in basing an application on beta software, as programming interfaces may change.

BUT:
My experience is: you can trust your data to PostgreSQL. The elephant never forgets. I started developing an application using some obscure FTP-Download of some obscure 7.x Windows Port. I roled out to pilot users using PostgreSQL 8.0 beta on Windows. That 8.0 BETA was used by salesmen on laptops. And not a single byte was lost by PostreSQL.

NO, I do not recommend rolling out with 8.2beta; your way is perfectly sensible:

I guess going with 8.1.5 is what we should do.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Сообщение: Re: Upgrade 7.4 to 8.1 or 8.2?
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade 7.4 to 8.1 or 8.2?