Re: Updated Press Release Draft

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Updated Press Release Draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

thanks for writing and sharing, that really looks fine and Wow!

I have 2 recommendations:

1st) I really would recommend to put the "New tools and features" first and the "Cutting-edge features" second. Reason: PostgreSQL mindshare with cuttting-edge-people like scientists is allready rather big. We can gain more growth from the business mindshare, and all the important buzzwords are within "new tools": OLTP, data warehousing, multi-processor scaling, standy database.

With those cutting-edge-features first we risk the PHBs to stop reading at "generalized inverted indexes", because its an unknown word. The cutting-edge crowd on the other hand is used to read complete and quick :)

2nd)
SQL 2003 Features:  PostgreSQL, well known for standards compliance,
has added syntax for several features introduced in the ANSI SQL 2003
specification, including: statistical aggregates, multi-row VALUE
statments, UPDATE RETURNING and multi-column aggregates.

That makes it sound in my ears as if these "several features" are the first steps to SQL 2003 PostgreSQL has done, when in fact those are just some steps to get from 85% compliance to 87% (numbers estimated)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare