Re: Migrating PostgreSQL database to MySQL/MS Access

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Migrating PostgreSQL database to MySQL/MS Access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Merlin,

the .net 'way' of database application development is to keep all the
logic in the .net middleware.  please note that I am completely
opposed to this because it obfuscates good data management practices.

are you serious and well informed about this? There is really again somebody throwing away decades of experience, a theoretically proven data integrity system just to reimplement the wheel in a shiny, unproven technology?

Do you know for what benefit that happens? I have seen similiar stupidity with EJB, having RI within that layer. Why are people doing this? Do they know something I miss, or did they just not vivist Databases 101 ?

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare