Re: Main page: about us

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Main page: about us
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

Yeah, cause a lot of people accidentally type in postgresql and end up on our
page wondering what we are.  ;-D

In fact they do. At least I do this every day: I find a word I do not understand, highlight it, right klick and search in Google.
Hopefully www.postgresql.org is on high page rank for searches for  PostgreSQL.

So there ARE a lot of people dropping to www.postgresql.org to find out what it is.
It is nearly agreed within the web usability communities, that a clear information
"what is this about" is the most important thing of the "homepage".

at least:
"PostgreSQL is a highly-scalable, SQL compliant, open source database"

My 3 cents,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa