Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/03/09 21:30, David Steele wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> On 1/30/20 12:00 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>>> - check for standby triggers only for recovery_target_action - I am not sure this would be safe for
pg_wal_replay_pause()call case

>> Agreed. Basically I think that recoveryPausesHere() should the promotion
>> trigger whether recovery target is reached or not. But one question is;
>> how should the recovery behave if recovery target is reached with
>> recovery_target_action=pause after the promotion is requested?
>> It should pause? Or promote?
>
> Do you have thoughts on Fujii's comments?

Thanks for the ping! And sorry for not reporting the current status.

I started the discussion about the topic very related to this.
I'm thinking to apply the change that Sergei proposes after applying
the patch I attached in this thread.
https://postgr.es/m/00c194b2-dbbb-2e8a-5b39-13f14048ef0a@oss.nttdata.com

Regards,

--