AW: running vacuumlo periodically?

От Zwettler Markus (OIZ)
Тема AW: running vacuumlo periodically?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

[Zwettler Markus (OIZ)]

We didn't recognize that an application is using large objects and didn't delete them.
Now we found >100G dead large objects within the database. :-(

Is there any _GENERIC_ query which enables monitoring for orphaned objects (dead LO)?

select oid from pg_largeobject_metadata m where not exists
 (select 1 from ANY_EXISTING_TABLE_WITHIN_THE_DATABASE  where m.oid = ANY_COLUMN_CONTAINING_OIDs);

check_postgres.pl doesn't have any generic check for it. :-(

Thanks, Markus