Re: Bug in CREATE FUNCTION with character type (CONFIRMED BUG)

От Kevin J Bluck
Тема Re: Bug in CREATE FUNCTION with character type (CONFIRMED BUG)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I'd certainly call this a bug, if not a couple of different bugs.

There seems to be more. I see a problem not just with unqualified char not =
being treated equivalent to char(1). I also see a general problem with RETU=
RNS TABLE disregarding any explicit lengths declared for any character type=
. For example, if you declare a RETURNS TABLE column as VARCHAR(15), it see=
ms to actually consider it as if you had declared it unqualified VARCHAR, e=
quivalent to TEXT. Similarly, a column defined as CHAR(2) will also be trea=
ted as unqualified CHAR without an explicit length, with the further proble=
m reported by Pavel of being treated as unlimited length instead of equival=
ent to CHAR(1) as expected. In other words, it seems to be effectively impo=
ssible to declare explicit lengths for RETURNS TABLE character type columns.

This doesn't happen with the RETURNS SETOF variation, only RETURNS TABLE.

Regards,

--- Kevin