Re: Error from the foreign RDBMS on a foreign table I have no privilege on

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Error from the foreign RDBMS on a foreign table I have no privilege on
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2022-06-04 at 21:18 +0000, Phil Florent wrote:
> I opened an issue with an attached code on oracle_fdw git page : https://github.com/laurenz/oracle_fdw/issues/534
> Basically I expected to obtain a "no privilege" error from PostgreSQL when I have no read privilege
> on the postgres foreign table but I obtained an Oracle error instead.
> Laurenz investigated and closed the issue but he suggested perhaps I should post that on
> the hackers list since it also occurs with postgres-fdw on some occasion(I have investigated some more,
> and postgres_fdw does the same thing when you turn onuse_remote_estimate.). Hence I do...

To add more detais: permissions are checked at query execution time, but if "use_remote_estimate"
is used, the planner already accesses the remote table, even if the user has no permissions
on the foreign table.

I feel that that is no bug, but I'd be curious to know if others disagree.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe