Re: haversine formula with postgreSQL

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: haversine formula with postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This behavior kinda gets me sometimes too, especially in WHERE clauses..

I'm a bit curious as to why this is so bad.  I could see why it would
be expensive to do, since your clause wouldn't be indexed - but why is
the syntax itself not allowed?  Repeating the clause isn't gonna gain
you any speed, and might make it even slower since the expression
would have to be evaluated twice right?  Perhaps I'm missing
something..

Mike