Re: Replication

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rubyrep looks very interesting, I just watched their 5min video and looks very easy to setup.

Few questions..  The left/right database looks very limiting (you can only replicate two databases at a time)..  Their documentation says that the solution is to setup a chain.  To keep A, B and C in sync, A should replicate with C and B should replicate with C:

http://www.rubyrep.org/replication_between_more_than_two_databases.html

There will be a set of triggers for each replication.  Since MySql doesn't support more than one trigger on a table, this approach won't work which I guess is their way of saying "We're database independent, as long as you use either Postgres or MySql oh and btw we have no replication story above 2 nodes on MySQL"

Also, if database C goes down, then everything goes kaboom, right?  Even if you did A replicates with B, B replicates with C, if one database goes down your chain is broken.  I'm worried about this scenario, and any perf implications with having a whole bunch of triggers on a table.  Maybe someone can comment.

Mike