Re: pgbench with libevent?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench with libevent?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> 4. libevent development seems slugish, last bugfix was published 3 years ago, version
>>    2.2 has been baking for years, but the development seems lively (+100 contributors).
>
> Ugh, I would stay away from something like that.  Would we become
> hostage to an undelivering group?  No thanks.

Ok.

>> Or maybe libuv (used by nodejs?).
>
>> Note: libev had no updates in 8 years.
>
> libev or libuv?  No updates in 8 years => dead.  No way.

Sorry, it was not a typo, but the information was not very explicit.
I have looked at 3 libraries: libevent, libuv and libev.

libuv is quite lively, last updated 2023-06-30.

libev is an often cited library, which indeed seems quite dead, so I was
"noting" that I had discarded it, but it looked like a typo.

> Reworking based on wait events as proposed downthread sounds more
> promising.

The wait event postgres backend implementation would require a lot of work
to be usable in a client context.

My current investigation is that libuv could be the reasonable target, if
any, especially as it seems to provide a portable thread pool as well.

--
Fabien.