Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hello,
23.11.2017 17:53, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 11/15/17 16:06, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Here is the final patch set for the conversion.
I have committed this.
Great! Thank you for your work!
And in light of possible need to convert to xml older branches too, maybe we should simplify INSTALL now.
Please, consider applying the attached patch. It produces the same INSTALL and is much better in the following aspects.

1. All the INSTALL content is placed in two files (installation.sgml and installation-single.xsl) instead of three (installation.sgml, standalone-install.xml, standalone-profile.xsl).
2. There are no unreadable and untranslatable (in context) constructions such as
<xsl:template match="xref[@linkend='plpython-python23']">
  <xsl:text>the </xsl:text><application>PL/Python</application><xsl:text> documentation</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>
(Sometimes translators need to replace larger fragments.)
3. It uses only XSLT (which we use already), no xi:include.
4. It doesn't generate complete postgres.sgml to process only the installation section.

I understand that it will take some time to review it, but I think it's justified by the portability and supportability reasons.

Best regards,

------
Alexander Lakhin
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Сообщение: Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?