Re: CentOS 5, pg8.4.2, could not read time zone file

От Wade Hampton
Тема Re: CentOS 5, pg8.4.2, could not read time zone file
Дата
Re: CentOS 5, pg8.4.2, could not read time zone file  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
> "Wade Hampton" <wadehamptoniv@gmail.com> writes:
> > On my CentOS 5.0 box with the RHEL version of Postgresql 8.4.2, the
> > initial initdb step fails with the error
>
> >   "WARNING:  cold not read time zone file "Default" : permission denied.
> >   FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "timezone_abbreviations": "Default"
>
> "8.4.2"?  Did this message fall through a time warp?
Oops, 8.2.4, my bad.

> Anyway, having been burnt before I always wonder about SELinux whenever
> any strange permission failures turn up on recent RHEL/Fedora systems.
> Look in /var/log/messages to see if there's an "avc denied" log entry
> corresponding to this, or temporarily turn off SELinux with
> /usr/sbin/setenforce and see if it works then.
SELinux is off and there were no avc denied messages in /var/log/messages....

> If it is SELinux preventing the access, you probably need to run
> restorecon to fix the SELinux labels on these files.  If it still
> doesn't work after that, file a bug report against the selinux policy
> module.

I ran strace on it and it dies at the same place each time:

  su postgres -c "strace initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data"

  ..
  write(4, "insert OID = 1153 (timestampz_"...., 116WARNING:  could
not read.....
  ... = -1 EPIPE (Broken pipe)

  /etc/localtime is:
    TZif2\0... UTC... UTC0

  locale is en_US.UTF-8

I am downloading the source rpm and building RPMS specifically for
CentOS 5 to see if it helps.

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: PITR and tar
От: "Wade Hampton"
Сообщение: Re: CentOS 5, pg8.4.2, could not read time zone file