Re: Using Valgrind to detect faulty buffer accesses (no pin or buffer content lock held)

От Anastasia Lubennikova
Тема Re: Using Valgrind to detect faulty buffer accesses (no pin or buffer content lock held)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02.07.2020 20:11, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:48 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> This patch fails to apply to HEAD due to conflicts in nbtpage.c, can you please
>> submit a rebased version?
> I attach the rebased patch series.
>
> Thanks

It's impressive that this check helped to find several bugs.

I only noticed small inconsistency in the new comment for
_bt_conditionallockbuf().

It says "Note: Caller is responsible for calling _bt_checkpage() on
success.", while in _bt_getbuf() the call is not followed by
_bt_checkpage().
Moreover, _bt_page_recyclable() contradicts _bt_checkpage() checks.

Other than that, patches look good to me, so move them to "Ready For
Committer".

Are you planning to add same checks for other access methods?

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company