Re: pg_dump index/constraint creation order

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: pg_dump index/constraint creation order
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 14, 2006, at 12:27 AM, Ed L. wrote:

> While watching a 9-hour 60GB network load from 7.4.6 pg_dump into
> 8.1.2, I noticed the order in which indices and constraints are
> created appears to be their creation order.

If you use the 8.1.2 pg_dump to make the dump from your 7.4.6 DB,
what is the order like?
I suspect it would be more to what you're expecting.  In general, you
should use the pg_dump  corresponding to the version into which you
are loading for best results.

Вложения