Pulling data from a filesystem level backup

От Steve Atkins
Тема Pulling data from a filesystem level backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So, I have a customer who just had their "pg_dump?
what's that?" moment after some broken software
managed to delete everything in a table.

But they do have filesystem level backups. It's running
on 7.4.something, and the tables contain just varchar,
text, integer and timestamp data. I'm going to try just
spinning them up in a new instance and see what
happens, but I'm not expecting much joy.

Can anyone suggest any tools or approaches that
might help recover the data?

Cheers,
   Steve