Re: db backup script in gentoo

От Andrus
Тема Re: db backup script in gentoo
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott,

>OK, find out how to create users on your gentoo server, and see if you
>can figure out what's broken in emerge so you can install lftp.  It's
>much better than regular ftp, as it has assured transfer completion
>and other useful features if you're interested in making sure the file
>gets transferred.  Or switch to rsync, which is how I do it.

ftp exists in windows also.
So I can create protable scripts which works in linux/windows probably.
Backup ftp server is located in ISP (probably Debian) which offers ftp and
http access.
So it seems that I cannot use rsync.

Unresolved is rotating issue:

This script creates different backup file for every weekday containing
weekday number in name.
ftp account in ISP is public account which allows only to upload files, not
to overwrite existing ones or download them.
So backup fails after a week if files are not deleted manually.

How to use http POST command to send backup to this server? In this case it
may be possible to create php script in server which
handles rotating. Or any other idea ?

Andrus.