Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL

От Mikael Carneholm
Тема Re: Migrating data from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We have used the pro*c program found in this discussion (for the exact
same purpose):
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:45902
0243348

It is *blazingly* fast, and creates CSV formatted files suited perfectly
for postgresql's COPY command. Dumping 40Gb of data, sending it over the
network and importing it into postgres takes about an hour and a half
with fsync=true on a single SCSI disk using ext3 mounted with the
data=writeback and noatime options (using a SCSI controller with a
battery backed cache). The bottleneck here is not the dump utility but
the single SCSI disk on the postgres host, so with more disks on the
postgres host you'll probably get even shorter migration time.

- Mikael