Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?

От Zak Greant
Тема Re: PostgreSQL not ACID compliant?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 19:10 Atlantic/Reykjavik, Bruce Momjian
wrote:
> Philip Yarra wrote:
>> It's funny timing - I had to prepare a comparison between PostgreSQL
>> and
>> MySQL recently, explaining why we would prefer PostgreSQL. I know some
>> people here have issues with the MySQL crashme test results, but I
>> have to
>> say I found it possibly one of the best postgreSQL advertisements
>> available. A 4-way comparison between Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and
>> PostgreSQL
>> shows PostgreSQL in an extremely flattering light.
>
> They have been improving their fairness over at MySQL.  I know Zak
> Greant (added as CC) removed all the inaccurate PostgreSQL stuff that
> was in the MySQL manuals.

Hi Bruce and all,

Thanks for the Cc: and for noticing the fixes!

To be fair, Paul DuBois and Andrey Stroganov did the actual work - I
only did some pointing and grunting. I am not sure that we have removed
everything yet - I still need to do a full sweep of the docs. In any
case, this is a good start

Also, I noticed the long GPL/MySQL related thread on [GENERAL]. It
looked like there are some good points in the discussion. Once I get
some other licensing-related issues taken care up, I will take a look
at cleaning up the licensing overview docs that were mentioned and
critiqued.

Cheers!
--zak