Re: BUG #2182: Internal account lookup failure:

От Peter van der Maas
Тема Re: BUG #2182: Internal account lookup failure:
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
After struggling with this same problem for too long, I discovered that
omitting the SERVICEDOMAIN value and letting the installer set it via
default did the trick.=20
=20
Hope this helps someone else.
=20
-Peter van der Maas
=20
> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >=20
> > Bug reference:      2182
> > Logged by:          Anantha Prasad
> > Email address:      aprasad ( at ) fs ( dot ) fed ( dot ) us
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2-1
> > Operating system:   Win2000 Prof
> > Details:=20
> >=20
> > I had not installed PostGreSQL on this computer before.=20
> When I use the=20
> > installer, it gives the foll. message and rolls back the=20
> installation.
> >=20
> > "Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between=20
> account names and=20
> > security IDs was done."
> >=20
> > Tried with other user names etc. but cannot proceed.
>=20
> No idea --- that isn't our error message.
=20
Well, it is from pginstaller. It usually means that the SAM somehow lost
sync. This can happen in a domain environment, haven't seen it anywhere
else. It usually works if you just restart the installation process
having created the user account manually first.
=20
//Magnus

=20