Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Dec 2, 2022, at 08:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Pasi Oja-Nisula <pon@iki.fi> writes:
>> I would be perfectly satisfied, if the sql that produced the procedure
>> would be stored "as is" read-only copy when it was compiled.

> If you want an audit comparison point, I'd suggest capturing
> the result of pg_get_functiondef or one of its sibling functions
> just after creating your function.  "pg_dump -s" is another
> pretty credible mechanism for capturing schema details.

Agreeing with Tom, I find the argument that this is important for auditing unpersuasive.  Storing the original text but
allowingthe version that is actually executed to be different is a step away from anything like good auditing practice.