Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN

От James William Pye
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Trouble with COPY IN
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Jul 23, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I can't help thinking that the JDBC driver must be being overly cute
> if this breaks it ...

I was wondering the same thing when I first saw Kris' message. However, iff I understand what JDBC is trying to
achieve,I don't think I would call it "overly".

@Kris

Is this a problem because JDBC is trying to detect failures as early as possible during a COPY IN?
Or, is it just JDBC's normal MO to always be reading?

Well, I've wanted to do the former (early error detection) with py-postgresql's COPY support, and I imagine getting a
readevent marking completion prior to emitting done/fail could be a snag.

cheers, jwp