canceling statement due to user request

От Spangler, Todd
Тема canceling statement due to user request
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dear PostgreSQL,

I have been working with a web application that allows saving of reports
to a text file using PostgreSQL.  The application has worked fine for
about 6 months and now we are getting the following 2 error messages:

=20

canceling statement due to statement timeout

canceling statement due to user request

=20

In development, I seem to have been able to keep the timeout messagebox
from showing up by adding a timeout to the connectionstring, but the
other error I cannot seem to fix.

=20

I have read that this may have something to do with the Autovacuum
feature.  We are using PostgreSQL version 8.3.  I'm testing with 8.4 on
another server and still am getting the messages above.  It seems the
errors do not happen every time.  If this is the Autovacuum feature, is
there a way that I can disable this feature and then re-enable it when I
am done with the creation of my report?  Also, when we receive these
errors, it does not save any information to the text file like it
normally would without the error message, so we do not get the report we
need when these errors occur.  Another thought would be for us to allow
the Autovacuum to be turned on only at certain times.  That would be
fine for our situation.

=20

I have read that these messages are by design and I am fine with that,
but I need an easy to use workaround that will allow the reports to
work.  These reports are very important to the company.=20

=20

We are using Windows Servers and Windows XP, C#.Net 2008  - ASP.Net, and
PostgreSQL 8.3.

=20

Thank you for your time,

=20