Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> You don't need them to be sortable.  You just need them to be
> comparable, and equality seems like a plenty good enough comparison
> rule.  You can compute the shortest chain of upgrade scripts that can
> take you from the current version to the target version.

You have to be able to apply them in order. Unless I'm missing something, that means you need to be able to sort them.

> But I'd be happy to leave that for 9.2.

Yeah, if necessary. The only downside to that is, if we do indeed need them to be sortable, then we'd have to mandate a
versioningformat. And if there were existing extensions before 9.2, that might mess with them.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3