Re: Is SPI safe to use in multi-threaded PL/Java?

От MauMau
Тема Re: Is SPI safe to use in multi-threaded PL/Java?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> "MauMau" <maumau307@gmail.com> writes:
>> To put the question in other words, is it safe to load a multi-threaded
>> PL
>> library in the single-threaded backend process, if the PL only calls SPI
>> in
>> the main thread?
>
> When it breaks, we're not going to be concerned.

I may not understand your nuance.  Which of the following do you mean?

* PL/Java's design is dangerous in terms of the mixture of single- and
multi-threading, and we cannot be 100% sure whether there's really no
problem.

* SPI must not be used in multi-threaded process, even if only one thread
calls SPI functions at a time.  So what we can say is that PL/Java is not
safe theoretically in terms of SPI.

Regards
MauMau