Re: access privileges: grant select on (all current and future tables)?

От John D. Burger
Тема Re: access privileges: grant select on (all current and future tables)?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Smith wrote:

> and "grant usage on new tables in schema..." doesn't exist yet. which
> leads to my next question (see
> http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-01/msg01070.php)- are we
> there yet?

If I understand your question, you cannot grant "anticipatory"
privileges to tables which do not yet exist, which I discovered in
this thread:

   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-02/msg00911.php

If you follow the thread, you'll find that one reply pointed to some
existing functions for managing this stuff.  I found these useful.

- John D. Burger
   MITRE