Re: Limiting number of records to show.

От Duncan Adams (DNS)
Тема Re: Limiting number of records to show.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
u could use.

select * from <table> limit 1000 offset 2000;

-----Original Message-----
From: Wim [mailto:wdh@belbone.be]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 10:47 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Limiting number of records to show.

Hello,

I have a table with over 1.000.000 records. I'd like to limit the
maximum number of records to display, so if one my users opens the whole
table, he will see only for example 1000 records.
If I don't limit and they open the whole table, the server's CPU-load
raises to 150...
I searched the docs, but couldn't find the info....

Is this possible? If yes, how do I do this?

Thanx!