Re: Problem using set-returning functions

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Problem using set-returning functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mar 27, 2006, at 5:41 AM, Markus Schaber wrote:

> navteq=# select foo,generate_x(bar) from test;
> ERROR:  set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "generate_x" line 5 at return next
>
> However, it is fine to call other set returning functions in the same
> context:

With SRFs, you need to specify what you want to select. In other
words if you are calling generate_x(bar) you need "select * from
generate_x(bar)" -- "select generate_x(bar)" will not work.

So for your query I think you need something like:

select foo, (select x from generate_x(bar)) from test;

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: